Own Your Own OV-10
The OV-10 Squadron is committed to the restoration of these aircraft to certified safe, flyable and enjoyable condition. It is our passion to rebuild and restore these amazing aircraft for personal use. We’re also committed to sharing the history with others with our passion. Contact us if you’re interested in owning your piece of warbird history.
Behind the OV-10
Weight / Dimensions
- Crew: Two
- Length: 41 ft 7 in (12.67 m)
- Wingspan: 40 ft 0 in (12.19 m)
- Height: 15 ft 2 in (4.62 m)
- Wing area: 290.95 ft² (27.03 m²)
- Empty weight: 6,893 lb (3,127 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 14,444 lb (6,552 kg)
- Powerplant: 2 × Garrett T76-G-10/12 turboprop, 715 hp (533 kW) each
- Maximum speed: 281 mph (452 km/h)
- Range: 576 mi (927 km)
- Service ceiling: 24,000 ft (7,315 m)
Backed By Many
With the help of several backers and a team of committed engineers and mechanics the OV-10 is able to fly again.
- Guns: 4 × 7.62×51mm M60C machine guns
- Hardpoints: 5 fuselage and 2 underwing and provisions to carry combinations of:
- Rockets: 7- or 19-tube launchers for 2.75” FFARs or 2- or 4-tube launchers for 5” FFARs
- Missiles: AIM-9 Sidewinder (Wing pylons only)
- Bombs: up to 500 lb
- Other: SUU-11/A or Mk 4 Mod 0 gun pods
Behind the Cockpit
- Great Visibility
- Removable second seat
- Ejection Seats
US Marine Corps
The OV-10 was first acquired by the U.S. Marine Corps. Each of the Marine Corps’ two observation squadrons (designated VMO) had 18 aircraft – nine OV-10As and nine OV-10Ds night observation aircraft. A Marine Air Reserve observation squadron was also established.
US Air Force
The USAF acquired the Bronco primarily as a FAC aircraft. The first combat USAF OV-10As arrived in Vietnam on 31 July 1968 as part of “Operation Combat Bronco”, an operational testing and evaluation of the aircraft.
The U.S. Navy formed Light Attack Squadron Four (VAL-4), the “Black Ponies”, on 3 January 1969, and operated in Vietnam from April 1969 through April 1972. The Navy used the Bronco OV-10A as
FLY WITH OV-10 SQUADRON