A major part of the purpose and charter of the OV-10 Bronco Association is to run a museum dedicated to preserving the history associated with the Bronco. To this end, we accept donations of memorabilia. The memorabilia is catalogued, and we display as much of it as possible. As new things are donated all the time, it is hard to say exactly whether we currently have a particular item that we didn’t have previously. We do have a whole lot of stuff, though, ranging from original Dash-1’s (flight manuals) to patches to gunsights to the first OV-10 Mockup and major airframe components. Ultimately we will have a flying museum, at least one flying Bronco that will be available for airshows and the like.
The OV-10 Bronco Association, Inc. was founded in 1998 to take responsibility for preserving the history of the people and events associated with the OV-10 Bronco, as well as the history of the aircraft itself. The OBA strives to educate the public of this history. To meet those goals, the OBA operates on several fronts:
- The OBA operates an OV-10 museum at their HQ in Fort Worth, TX.
- The OBA sponsors this website and other online resources such as e-mail lists and forums.
- The OBA hosts Bronco-related events and get-togethers.
- The OBA keeps track of present and former OV-10 people worldwide, maintaining a large database of OV-10 folks past and present.
- The OBA maintains working relationships with other organizations.
- The OBA strives to make all its endeavors enjoyable, productive, and worthwhile for members and non-members alike.
- In June 2000, the German wing of the OBA was created, giving us a truly global reach. We have since added foreign wings in Colombia, the Philippines, and Venezuela, all with flying aircraft.
- In January 2004, the OBA announced efforts to launch the Forward Air Controllers Museum in conjunction with other related organizations. OBA is using its resources to serve as the initial management entity, until the FACM gets off the ground. Participation from all interested individuals and organizations is strongly encouraged.